Wednesday, August 21, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday: Southern as a Second Language

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Southern as a Second Language

By Lisa Patton
Publication Date: October 15

From Amazon:

Since the debut of Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'easter, Lisa Patton's character Leelee Satterfield has entertained tens of thousands of readers. Watching the former-Southern Belle tackle life and love in Vermont was only the tip of the iceberg when it came to antics, charades, mischief, and romance. Now, back in Memphis and beginning a relationship with the namesake of Yankee Doodle Dixie, you'd think Leelee might just sit back and enjoy her newly-crafted life. But that just wouldn't be as much fun . . .
 
Opening up her restaurant with her boyfriend, Peter, proves to be harder than she originally anticipated—especially when her unpredictable best friends are involved! Toss in a lisping neighbor, a male dog named Roberta, and the return of her evil ex-husband who started the whole mess in the first place . . . Well, this is a recipe for just the kind of novel readers expect from Lisa Patton.


What's your "waiting on" pick this week?


Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!




31 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds delightful. Thank you for sharing. I will have to look into the prior publication.

Unknown said...

I just wanted to tell you how much I LOVE this meme! Thanks for hosting it.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds really tempting. Enjoy!

Andie said...

Looks interesting I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing!

Little Miss Becky said...

I love books about the south, there are always some really fun characters!

Unknown said...

Nice choice! Thanks for sharing!

Bakey said...

That sounds good :)

Obsession with Books said...

This one sounds really interesting! Thank-you for sharing :)

Sam's Book Basket said...

This sounds exciting! :D I'll check it out

Check out my WoW: http://samsbookbasket.blogspot.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-good-s-walden.html

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

This sounds good Jill (hadn't heard of it).

Pili said...

That sounds like a very cute summer read! I haven't read any of the prior books but for some reason the whole Southern belle antics sound they'd be loads of fun!

yaescapefromreality said...

I love the idea of this book! ~Sheri

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Great pick this week :)

follower

http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/waiting-on-wednesday-61-conjured.html

Unknown said...

Looks really good! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great read.

bermudaonion said...

I'd buy that book because of the title.

Anonymous said...

Sounds delightful, but since that is what most people are saying about it, I will then say looks tempting! I add so many books from this meme to my TBR--thanks!

Greg said...

Sounds very good and quite humorous too! Enjoy...

Zareena said...

This is my first waiting on wednesday, thanks for sharing!

Tressa @ Wishful Endings said...

I really like the cover and it sounds like a good book too! Good pick. :)

Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

Tanya @ Rantings of a Reading Addict said...

So many good books coming out this fall, it is hard to choose just one to spotlight.

Unknown said...

That choice sounds perfect for the dog days of summer. Seems like it's pretty funny too.

First time linking, great idea for meme. Thanks!

Alexis Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a good read!

A Belle’s Tales said...

As a bona fide southerner, I'm adding this to my list ASAP. Thanks so much for sharing -- great pick!

Allie @ Little Birdie Books said...

I love Southern books - reading the accents is just brilliant and makes the characters all the more authentic!

- Allie @ Little Birdie Books
(My Waiting for Wednesday)

Unknown said...

Just posted my first WOW post :)

Anonymous said...

Southern as a Second Language has a pretty cute cover. I love her boots! Also, I love when a book is set below the Mason-Dixon Line!

My choice this week is The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski. It has a gorgeous cover and a synospsis that sounds interesting.

Thank you so much for hosting! I look forward to see what you choose next week.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JO said...

Kyiv was attacked by Russian drones early on Sunday and debris fell in several districts, Ukrainian officials say, but no casualties were reported. สร้าง บ้าน เชียงใหม่